a personal journey through yarn, books, gardening and stuff. and sport, quite a bit of sport.
Wednesday, 10 March 2010
at long last!
It's a pity that I didn't make the podium for the Ravelympics but I still have a great pair of socks to keep my tootsies warm.
These socks feel so comfortable and I love the hot pink colour. Cookie A is a great designer and her patterns are always so well written. My problems have been caused by my own stupidity! I'm looking forward to making another pair of socks from Sock Innovations, but in the meantime I'd better crack on with Jen's scarf.
Equally exciting for me, last night my hapless team Sunderland finally managed to win a game of football- the team walloped Bolton 4-0.
The first goal was scored in 41 seconds (Frazier Campbell) and may well be the fastest goal of the season and Darren Bent got a hat-trick.
While I was hopping around and trying to finish off my sock, my good friend TyroneMinx and her hubby were hopping around as Arsenal trounced Porto 5-0. Football is a funny game- Arsenal were fighting to get into the quarterfinals of the Champions League and my team were desperately trying to stop the slide into the relegation zone. Two very different scenarios, yet the same feelings from the fans.
Darren Bent is third in the table of topscorers this season with 18 goals - just behind Rooney(23) and Drogba (19) which makes Sunderland's league position of 13th look a bit weird. I hope we don't have to wait as long for another win!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Fabulous socks!
It was worth the wait on the Milo Socks!!
oh wow
those are great
Post a Comment