Tuesday, 15 February 2011

flowers and a flower girl

Valentine's Day was lovely in this household. D got me a lovely bouquet of flowers, wine and chocolate and after steak and chips for dinner (his favourite) we watched My Fair Lady together, a film which we both love.



Audrey Hepburn is one of the most beautiful women who has ever graced the silver screen, and the costumes designed by Cecil Beaton were stunning.

The songs are fab too, so many memorable tunes, such clever wordplay. Lerner and Loewe's songs have stood the test of time. "Loverly", "Get Me to the Church on Time" and "I Could Have Danced All Night" are particular favourites.


I'm making good progress on Seraphina too, I've started the armhole shaping. Stocking stitch is great for film watching , especially when singing along to "The Rain in Spain stays Mainly on the Plain".

While I was looking online for photos of Audrey Hepburn I found a company which supplies her Ascot dress.   Dressing like Eliza? Now that would be loverly!

2 comments:

Minding My Own Stitches said...

The Philadelphia Story is one of my favourite old movies. But you're right, Audrey was stunning!

The Frizzy Hooker said...

I love Audrey's look. I wonder if Anne Hathaway will be her heir