Tuesday, 5 July 2011

catching up!

where have the last few weeks gone? the older I get the faster the days fly by!
so in the last few weeks no2 child has had her first trip abroad without us: she went to Paris on a school trip. She had a great time although she complained about the heat as some days it was 35C (95F). It was so quiet at home without her we thought we'd gone deaf!
I've enjoyed watching Wimbledon too. This year the men's title went to Novak Djokovic who beat Rafa Nadal 6-4, 6-1,1-6, 6-3. Nadal played well but Djokovic was very agile and strong and has a huge repertoire of shots. Murray was beaten by Nadal in the semis but will no doubt be inspired by Djokovic's victory as Nadal can be beaten on grass.
The ladies title was won by Petra Kvitova, beating Maria Sharapova 6-3, 6-4. Sharapova had come back from a shoulder injury and had been playing well and Kvitova might have been expected to be overwhelmed by the occasion, but she was as cool as a cucumber. It was good to see Sharapova back and it was good to see a new name on the winners' board.

I managed to get a swap package posted to the US today, which should have been sent by the end of May (oops!) and now that I've got those mini projects done I can get back to my Viktor socks. I did turn the heel a couple of weeks ago, but the sock was about 1.5cm too long on my foot so I had to rip back a little. I need to crack on with these if I want to watch them for the HP7 part 2!

The Tour de France is underway now so that will help me crack on with my socks. One day I'll join in with Tour de Fleece and spin every day of the race, but at the moment I'll just keep knitting. Maybe I'll catch up with my ever increasing queue of projects!

4 comments:

Silvia said...

You sure like your sports:0 I am not a Tennis Fan but watched the highlights and I must say I rather enjoyed it...but not enough to go out of my way to watch again!!!

paula said...

I shall be sitting on the front porch waiting my "treasure."

Minding My Own Stitches said...

Oh how frustrating, having to rip back on your sock! And if you're anything like me I wouldn't count on catching up with your queue. Mine seems to lengthen at twice the speed I complete things!

wool and walking in The Apennines said...

I hope to be joining you watch the tour with MY sock knitting. So far though I have had so much real work to do that I have been recording the stages and, for one reason or another, still not got round to seeing one. Recording wrong channel, tape too short, etc...I am not remore control minded. But Cav, appears to be doing well.