Wednesday, 16 May 2012

over the (blue) moon!


I'm over the moon, I've finally finished my pomatomus socks! It has taken me a while, but they're done. I have been finishing other stuff but an unplanned blog hiatus has left those projects to be unrecorded. But I'll remedy that later this week.

Manchester City fans are over the Blue Moon as their team won the Premier League ( on Sunday) for their first time in 44 years. It was very dramatic as either Manchester City or Manchester Utd could win the league. They had equal points and were separated only by goal difference. A win for City would give them the title, if they dropped points Utd could overtake them. Up until the last few minutes of the season it looked as though Manchester United would win as Man City were losing 2-1 to QPR. But in injury time Man City scored two extra goals and won the league. I could hardly knit for excitement!
D was delighted as Newcastle finished 5th on 65 points, Sunderland limped to the end of the season, finishing 13th on 45 points, which made Newcastle fans even happier to be 20 pts ahead of their rivals.
It was sad to see Bolton get relegated after their traumatic season. Fabrice Muamba collapsed on the pitch in March, having had a heart attack. He has recovered but it has obviously been a difficult few months for the rest of the team. Blackburn Rovers and Wolverhampton Wanderers were also relegated.

So after the excitement of the end of the football season I have the European championships, Wimbledon, the Tour de France and the Olympics to look forward too. Awesome!


* Blue Moon is the club anthem for Manchester City

2 comments:

paula said...

I am SO looking forward to the Olympics. They are so much fun.

Minding My Own Stitches said...

Gorgeous socks! You must be thrilled with them.

Welcome back to the blogosphere. You've been missed! Are you planning to take part in the Ravelympics?