Wednesday, 6 August 2014

I'm back! And having a laugh

I'm inspired to pick up my blog again after having a brilliant day at The Fringe in Edinburgh.
We've enjoyed The Voices of Lions , a young male voice choir which is a finalist in the BBC choir of the year contest ( final stages in October 2014); they are a lively bunch of young men, wonderful voices, and a lovely choice of music.

They sang in St Cuthbert's church, which I'd never visited before. It's a lovely setting, great acoustics.
Then after a quick lunch at Zaza in the Grassmarket, we saw St Andrew's Revue at Paradise The Vault. A slick funny quartet, witty and lively.
Then off to NMS to see the exhibition on Common Cause, the Scottish regiments from around the world which fought in WW1. Very moving.
Tea and cakes at Patisserie Valerie, always good.
Finally, laughed ourselves silly at The Leeds Tealights at The Mash House. Very very energetic, very very funny.
So, a busy fun day being tourists in Edinburgh. I love Edinburgh and hopefully we'll move back there soon. Living out in the sticks is not as much fun if you have to commute into town, so let's move there!

No comments: