Sunday, 14 June 2009

baking & blooms


another visit to St Mary's Pleasance today as there were tea & cakes on offer to encourage more people to visit the gardens.

Our kids were off doing other things so it was a chance for D and me to stroll through the gardens together and to have an uninterrupted natter over a plate of fresh scones , jam & cream and a pot of tea (yum!).

The gardens are a re-creation of the 17th century gardens and were restored in the 1970's when St Mary's church was restored too. it was a very pleasant hour for us both ( before the heavens opened and a huge storm broke over Haddington with rumbling thunder and several lightning flashes.!)

I'm still practising with my hook and have taken this pattern from Let's Get Crafting - Crochet (by Susie Johns). I've made a little bag (A Pooch's Purple Poop Pouch) to keep the poop sacks in when I walk the dog (the empty sacks, obviously!). I think I'll make a sunnies case next before I do the next Pratchgan square

While I was making this I was listening to the dramatic chase scene in Oliver Twist as Bill Sikes tries to flee from the angry mob. Gripping stuff!

No comments: