this was a very fast knit for Jen, even though it took me a couple of attempts to cast on. Although some magazines recommend using a cable cast on I found that too frustrating and used the simple thumb method instead.
After that, it's garter stitch until the yarn is gone. I knit the scarf on a larger needle than suggested to make it softer and looser so that it would have better drape. The examples in the wool shop were knitted quite firmly, which is good for bags/cushions but a little too solid for wrapping round your neck.
Anway, that's one satisfied daughter and now I'm going to sort out some wool and needles to make myself a beret. I'll be making Meret by Woolly Wormhead in some Malabrigo sent across the pond by the very generous Brewcrewmom, who was my Itsy-bitsy swap partner at Christmas.
4 comments:
That's one cool looking scarf!
Very pretty beret pattern - just wish they suited me.
WOW!! You made it!! I still have a Ball sat there as I still can't figure out the cast on...but I seen a crochet version on Ravelry which I may well have a go at
Oh how I hated those bobbles it took me ages to get them to sit right!
Post a Comment