Friday, 18 May 2012

sounds like a plan


"they seek him here"
One of my unannounced resolutions* this year was that whenever I finished a project I would knit a hat for the Christmas shoeboxes (Operation Christmas Child). It's always a scramble in Sept/Oct to knit a hat or two, yet I collect toys and stationery for the boxes all year round, so it makes sense to knit hats all year round too.

I knit "they seek him here" by Elly Doyle, in March, modelled here by Jen. It's a straightforward pattern and makes a good unisex hat.

After I finished Jack's (as yet unblocked) Alien scarf I rattled out another Ralph hat. This is a simple hat, suitable for all ages, which I've made a few times in various colours. It's good for TV knitting, particularly when I'm watching subtitled Danish TV programmes! (We're enjoying watching The Bridge at the moment, it's gripping)
It would be easy just to churn out basic hats from all the leftovers in my stash, but I want to have fun too, so today I cast on Cashmere Cosy by Loraine Birchall. Like Elly Doyle's pattern this was published in Knit Now which specialises in accessories and is a good resource for hats and cowls.

I'm not sure if I should choose some hats or socks for the Ravelympics (thank you for reminding me!) I need to choose something for the Tour de Fleece too, the Euros in Pol/kraine and Wimbledon. It might be a lot of hats. It will certainly take a fair bit of planning!

*my resolutions are usually unannounced, it's easier that way!

2 comments:

Minding My Own Stitches said...

Cute hats! I especially like the one with the aqua blue starting stripe!

I'm knitting a Clapotis for my Ravelympics project. I don't want to put too much on my plate this year. There's lots going on!

paula said...

Great idea . . make something for someone you know, and make a hat for someone who needs one . . and, you get to have fun with different patterns :0}