I bought a couple of knitting books today that I've been yearning for for ages because they were 30% off -Fitted Knits by Stephanie Japel and Knitting Nature by Norah Gaughan- there's so many patterns in each book that I love.
I'm pretty pleased to have found them and at a good price too.
But the cloud is that the discount was because of the closing down sale at one of my favourite shops -Borders.
I've bought so many books, DVDs and CDs from there, had hundreds of lattes in the cafe and generally used it as a refuge from some of the crazy madness that comes with parenthood.
Not only have I lost a favourite place but a lot of people have lost their jobs too, so my bargain has come at a high price for someone else, and in December too when there is more pressure on people to spend, more expectations put on families and relationships.
I hope the economy picks up soon.
3 comments:
"I hope the economy picks up soon."
From your lips, to God's ears. This economic downturn has devastated many lives.
It is odd for me to read about the closing of chain bookstores. When a chain opened in my hometown, my favorite local bookstore was forced to close. it had been in the neighborhood for 30 years. I had to get used to a new bookstore experience. I don't want Barnes and Noble to close I don't think I can do this again....
I was very sad when i heard about Borders. It always is such a shame when places like that close down:(
Post a Comment