I was lured into their stall by the gorgeous hand-dyed local yarn and I had to buy a couple of skeins of it. The colours are lovely, and as I was chatting I mentioned that I had just bought myself a copy of a WI book about corn dollies, spinning and basketwork.
Amazingly* they were selling drop spindles and I caved in and bought my first kit.
I've watched a few little online videos and I can understand the process but whether I can get both hands to operate the drop spindle is another matter. Still, nothing ventured..
* its not that amazing really, these girls organise Woolfest, have their own sheep, make felt directly from the fluffy fleece, so they are likely to sell drop spindles too.. I could have spent a fortune at their stall...
1 comment:
Aha! One more joins the spinning fold. Hope you have as mich fun as I'm having.
Post a Comment