I've been growing potatoes in tubs and these have been safe from the slugs (hooray!). Yesterday I lifted some pink potatoes , which were delicious and remained pink after being boiled. There are still 4 tubs to empty, which makes up for the loss of the beans ( a bit!). Lifting these counts as food metres instead of food miles, which means I can buy chocolate and coffee with a clear conscience.
The second Lorelei sock has been cast on and while I'm knitting it I've been listening to different podcasts. The best of those that I've sampled this week are:
The Classic Tales podcast, by B J Harrison. I've listened to a Wilkie Collins ghost story, a witty short story from F Scott Fitzgerald and some depressing stuff from Maupassant. Its like doing my A Levels all over again!
Next up is EscapePod which is for sci-fi and is very funny and clever. I particularly liked "Robots Don't Cry" by Mike Resnick.
Another sci-fi 'cast is Starship Sofa by Tony C Smith and is inspired by Ronnie Corbett. I wonder if he knows?
If I need a dragon fix I can head over to Podcastle which is for fantasy fiction lovers. Sounds perfect, and I love the logo!
I've added all these to my RSS feedcatcher but my faves are still Craftlit and Faeryknitting.
2 comments:
Homegrown straight from the garden are definately the best type of veg. It's not a good bean year though, ours haven't been eaten by slugs but the weather's so lousy that they're not ripening :s
Congrats on the potatoes! Have you joined "Crafty Gardeners" on Ravelry?
I'm so glad you're enjoying the podcasts I suggested.
TyroneMinx
Post a Comment