Friday, 12 September 2008

Precious Ramotswe

One of my favourite series is The No1 Ladies Detectice Agency by Alexander McCall Smith and I've been listening to this story today. He writes so well I feel like I'm in Botswana driving along in the little white van with his heroine Precious Ramotswe.

Its quite a contrast from the scifi that I've been listening to and has suited my mood today (my limbs feel numb and I felt so dizzy this morning). However Precious and her companions have improved my mood considerable. What a blessing.

I've been knitting Lorelei very slowly today, I'm at the heel now but I managed to get into a pickle and had to rip back a few rows. I think I'm back on track now. CC was impressed with my Windermere socks the other day, she might get the urge to get her dpns out as well.

1 comment:

WildPurl said...

Oh I love No 1 Ladies Detective Agency! As you say, the books just draw you in and make you feel you are part of Mma Ramotswe's life.