is when you're winning!amazingly enough both of our teams won this weekend, the Black Cats mauled the Tigers (Hull) 4-1, and the Toon trampled Tottenham 2-1 (I should get a job as a sportswriter!!).
( photos- Cisse being very cool, and Toon's N'Zogbia after scoring)

The league table is still incredibly tight, Wigan and Newcastle 11th & 12th with 22 points, Sunderland 13th with 21 and "The Richest Club in the World tm"- Man City at 18th with 18 points.
Traditionally the matches on Boxing Day, which is halfway through the season, give a clear indication of who will win and who goes down, but will it be so clear this year?
More managerial shenanigans, as Paul Ince is sacked by Blackburn who then appoint Sam Allardyce.
When not following the footie, I've been listening to " The Age of Innocence" by Edith Wharton, brilliantly read by Brenda Dayne on librivox.
It's a good story , even though I was so exasperated by the protagonist Newland Archer, I thought he didn't have the courage of his convictions and couldn't understand why Ellen and May loved him. (I thought he was a prat! His friend Ned Winsett is more interesting, and has a better moral code).
The themes of stability vs change, freedom vs social strictures, old Europe vs new America, public vs private morality are very well drawn. I'm enjoying listening to American literature and of course Brenda Dayne reads so well.
One last bell to make for the advent tree ( I was making cards yesterday) then I can cast on something else.... a sock a sweater a scarf.... ANYTHING!!
No comments:
Post a Comment