Thursday, 11 December 2008

tree huggers

I've been enjoying practising some crochet by making these tree deccies from a pattern in Lets knit iss 13. I've learnt proper increasing and decreasing (rather than just guessing).

These two little cuties were off in the post yesterday to Courtney, my secret sister in the US.

I bought a copy of Debbie Stoller's " The Happy Hooker" a few weeks ago.

The diagrams for making the stitches are very clear and there's some great patterns for clothes, so I think I'll have plenty to do in 2009!.

I went to Woolybacks yesterday to have a natter with Ally and pick up some Sirdar Softie to make a cardi for me and a sweater for J2.
My yarn was in, but J2's wasn't, she had chosen the shade "meringue" which is an off white and it seems to be the most popular in the range. Oops!J2 is going to have to wait a while! I chose the darker blue and it should knit up really quickly. Speed is of the essence when I feel so cold.
Ally had some books in by Nicky Epstein and we were drooling over the amazing designs.
So much to knit (or crochet!), so little time!

1 comment:

WildPurl said...

Love your ornaments. I've really got into crochet in the last year, I think it's a very interesting medium. I'm going to try some real garments in crochet in 2009. And hasn't been cold! My handknitted socks have never been in so much demand. Unfortunate for others that there is a one year waiting list LOL