Thursday, 22 April 2010

Cute & Crazy- waves and whisks

Finally! At last!

My Crazy Waves waistcoat/ top is finished!

It has taken me ages to do all the finishing, so many things have got in the way, mostly related to kids needing stuff before going back to school,  kids forgeting to take things to school and then coming home from school and expecting to be fed!
gah!

However it's done now and will look cute with jeans and tee- just hope the weather stays springlike!

This is the most complicated piece  of crochet that I've done so far. The pattern is by Dora Ohrenstein, who also sings the opening song, "Crochet it Away" on Mary Beth Temple's podcast "Getting Loopy". I'll look out for more of her patterns.

The pattern was in iss 2 of Inside Crochet which up to now has been 6 issues per year, but is now going to be 12 per year. It's tremendous to see the only UK crochet mag go from strength to strength!

I used my crazy whisk for the first time today- this was a present from my sis-in law and I call her Selina Squid.

I've not seen a kitchen tool as fab as this, she's totally cute!

4 comments:

wool and walking in The Apennines said...

what about a pic of you in the tunic?

Minding My Own Stitches said...

Congratulations - the top looks very cute! And ready just in time for spring weather - perfect!

Anonymous said...

THAT is adorable!! Now I have to see if I can find any issues of that mag. ;)

Silvia said...

Love the look of that...and Im sure the weather will play along...soon