a personal journey through yarn, books, gardening and stuff. and sport, quite a bit of sport.
Friday, 11 June 2010
Bafana Bafana !!
I'm so excited that I could pop!
The 2010 World Cup starts today with the opening match between South Africa (Bafana Bafana!) and Mexico.
I'm planning on casting on an England sock as I watch the TV coverage.
I watched the brilliant opening concert on the BBC last night which included the Black Eyed Peas, Alicia Keys and Shakira. but the highlight for me was Desmond Tutu coming on stage to intro a film about Nelson Mandela (Madiba).
Tutu said " I'm dreaming! I'm dreaming" such was his delight to be part of the celebrations. He has seen South Africa come a long way. He also said that Africa was the cradle of humanity and it was good to see so many people coming home.
Wonderful stuff!
So, today I support Bafana Bafana!!
(and normal service will resume tomorrow Inger -Lund! Inger -Lund! Inger -Lund! )
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment