Wednesday, 2 June 2010

swapsies!


The April Itsybitsy swap focussed on purses and wallets and I got this fab wallet from Tavish in NY, just right for sputting in my jeans pocket while walking the dog
(let's face it I have to carry other essentials like poop bags and dog treats so pocket space is limited and a leather wallet can be just too big).

Tavish also sent me some lovely goodies, I can't have too many notebooks/ shopping pads and the cool drink mixes  (green tea and pink lemonade) have been much appreciated by D too.


I finally managed to reciprocate by the end of May- the UK election was too distracting, I couldn't knit while scouring election coverage on the interwebsnet, and I lost my crochet mojo too (at one point I lost the hook I was using and had to frog! Gah!)


Eventually I decided to knit a wallet and to make it sturdy I lined it too. Jen let me use her sewing machine (with the dire threat that if I broke her machine she would kill me.), and she even let me raid her fabric stash.

So a pretty wallet and lots of goodies jetted off to NY, and now I need to crack on with May's swap. (sorry knitr54!)

Oops!

(my Rav name is susetheslowknitta so everyone has been given fair warning. However, I'll skip June's swap, for my sanity's sake).

2 comments:

paula said...

Thank You, Thank You, Thank you . . I LOVE everything you sent and you sewed so well . . .i thought you actually knew what you were doing . . .

;0} paula

wool and walking in The Apennines said...

Every time I see the swaps arrive I regret not having joined in. I really must do an Itsy one too soon.