Tuesday, 17 August 2010

Blackpool rock (again)

the Premier League has started (hooray!) and our teams are under pressure already (boo!) but the new boys Blackpool took everyone by surprise and were top of the league for 2 hours after they beat Wigan 4-0 (and even surprised themselves!) but then Chelsea (the meanies!) marmalised West Brom 6-0 and took top spot. A fantastic start for Blackpool !

I've had to wait till today to blog about the start as Man Utd didn't play till last night (..but maybe they were too busy to play on Saturday...). I'm a traditionalist, I think everyone should start and finish the season at the same time. Although, if that had happened Blackpool wouldn't have been top for two hours, and the bookies wouldn't have had to pay out on all the fans daft bets!

My big bruv went to the Sunderland game and enjoyed the first half, when we were in the lead, and the second half less so when we threw the lead away. Sigh. Still, Darren Bent opened the scoring and will be hoping to score even more than he did last year(26). 

Man Utd beat Newcastle 3-0 last night, the Toon were pretty decent for the first ten minutes, then were crushed by the Old Trafford juggernaut. Oh well, it could have been worse...  I think Chelsea will retain the title this year and hopefully Sunderland and Newcastle will stay up.

Still it means that I've got my Saturday afternoon knitting time back and can crack on with my socks. I did get a little bit done on Saturday watching Dad's new TV with him. He's delighted with it, especially the clarity of the scrolling text on the screen. I hadn't appreciated how difficult it had been for him to read the cricket scores, but it's much easier now- yay!

1 comment:

Minding My Own Stitches said...

Hurray, he likes the TV! You must be so pleased, because he's likely hard to buy for.