Sunday, 29 June 2008

the party's over..


..the scrapbook was completed at 9.45am today to be taken to church at 10.15! Talk about cutting it fine! The guillotine has been working overtime and starting to squeal as I cropped and chopped ( it was so bad the dog put her paws over her ears at one particularly piercing squeal!). I've used 4 rolls of double-sided tape this week, had to buy 10 extra pockets, and I managed to break the cd of Mark's first sermon (from 9 years ago) at 9 a.m . today *.
This gift for our departing minister has been made with much love and care, and also a bit of profanity (but no blasphemy!!).

But it's been worth it, he was delighted and everyone in the congregation was thrilled with how beautiful it looked, all the details, old photos, & souvenirs from all kinds of people. So I feel shattered, the house is a tip, the kids haven't been fed, D is a bit neglected, but Mark & Gayle are two very special people and we will miss them.
They threw a bbq for everyone yesterday and it was tremendous fun, and the weather was kind (he must have asked for a favour from his boss!) .


* thankfully I've got it copied onto my mp3 so I can give him another copy but I couldn't do that this morning. I was ready to cry, but I just went and put my makeup on instead!


Sports news: Euro 2008 final tonight, Germany vs Spain, should be a good one. Andy Murray is through to the fourth round at Wimbledon, & still constant blather in the papers about Ronaldo, will he stay or will he go? bleh! who cares!?

Doctor Who update: cracking episode last night: all the companions back- Sarah Jane, Martha, Capt Jack, Donna, the former PM Harriet Jones, and the return of the scary Davros!! Absolutely riveting! Can't wait for next week's ep!

No comments: