Friday, 6 June 2008

something up my sleeve?

not quite!

but left & right front of Mimi done , now I have to cast on the neck stitches in the middle and knit down the back of the jacket. Its looking good, though it feels heavy to hold! I'm glad I got some longer needles to hold all the stitches on.

J2 went to school today in her pyjamas and dressing gown as all the children were trying to raise money for the people in Burma (Myanmar). The P6 class led the school assembly with an explanation of typhoons and the devastation in Burma, and more than £480 was raised .

They are such great kids. It's heartwarming when 10-11 year olds are motivated to help children who are dying in another part of the world. I want my own 2 kids to realise how much that they have and to appreciate it when so many have so little. Our minister said in his sermon on Sunday that if you have live in a house, have food every day, then you are in the top 10% richest people in the world, and if you have a pc at home that puts you in the top 5%. I find it incredible that the middle-classes in Britain are complaining about food prices going up when so many in the world don't know if they are going to be fed at all. There was a slogan , I think in the 70's, for Christian Aid which was " Live simply, so that others might simply live." So I'm really pleased that a bunch of kids in this little village are trying to make a difference.

I was too dozy to go to Spanish today, which was a shame as it was the last class until September. It took me till about 4pm to pull round. Sometimes the ME thing can be very frustrating.

No comments: