Monday, 22 September 2008

All shook up

A well'a bless my soul,
what'sa wrong with me?
I'm itchin' like a man on a fuzzy tree,
my friends say I'm actin as wild as bug,
I'm in love,
I'm all shook up
mm mm mm
(Elvis Presley)
I was all shook up on Saturday when I managed to run down my own son at 30mph. I'd dropped him off and as I was coming back he stepped out into the road 3 feet in front of me. Thankfully he only had a grazed elbow*, and the severe embarrassment of knowing that he would teased at school.
I was shaken by the experience and have stayed at home all weekend knitting, craving dullness and hoping for a total lack of excitement for the rest of my life.
* As he was OK, the paramedics, the police and the hospital staff all found it very funny. I probably should have entitled this some "Mothers do 'Ave 'em" but I never enjoyed that programme so Elvis gets the nod instead.

3 comments:

Liz's Knitting said...

I'm glad he's ok...and you. I can imagine how shaken you must've been.

Kai said...

*hugs* I can only imagine how traumatising that is... Glad you're both OK!

Probably Jane said...

Really glad you're both OK - sometimes all you can do in such a situation is laugh but thinking about it gives me the shivers.