Monday, 23 March 2009

goodies & more goodies

I have been thoroughly spoilt over the last few days.

On Saturday we went to the in-laws (as D & J1 were off to a football match) so it was a chance to admire their new kitchen and to enjoy my MIL's wonderful cooking.


Sunday was Mother's day: J1 bought me a Discworld novel and J2 made some earrings and a flower fairy, and then she made bacon sandwiches for lunch (probably the main reason which stops me being a vegetarian, my love for eating bacon!)



Today, a parcel arrived from my lovely SecretSister Tyrone Minx.
Such lovely treats- yarn, choccies, Peeps (marshmallow chicks from the US.), seeds and some little mysteries which I'm saving for my birthday.
My SecretSister is an American lady who lives in Northern Ireland with her Irish husband; she is very generous and warm hearted person
As I had very little cooking to do over the weekend, I managed to get the Twist second sock finished (after a couple of mishaps , & missing cables when I was too engrossed in Dune!) and very cosy they are too! I made the leg a little longer than I usually do, in an attempt to build myself up to knee length socks for next winter!
Dune was great to listen to, a tremendous story with fascinating characters, and a society which put a great deal of effort into water conservation. We could learn from that .
The football was abysmal over the weekend - Newcastle were given a good thumping by Arsenal at home(3-1) and Sunderland lost 1-0 at Manchester City. The bottom of the table is still very close: Bolton are 12th with 34 points, Sunderland are 14th with 32 points, Newcastle are in the relegation zone (18th) with 29 points, with only Boro and West Brom below them. D thinks Newcastle will be very lucky to escape relegation . I'm just going to hide behind the sofa till the end of the season, I can hardly bear to watch!
The top of the table was more exciting with Man Utd losing to Fulham 2-0, and having 2 men sent off, and Chelsea being beaten by Spurs. Liverpool narrowed the gap by beating Villa 5-0

No comments: