Saturday, 14 March 2009

RND 09

..enjoyed watching Comic Relief last night, laughed and cried as we are supposed to do.

I have new respect for John Terry & Frank Lampard (England & Chelsea players) as they joined in the fun, serious respect for the 9 celebs who climbed Kilimanjaro (like David Walliams swimming the channel 2 years ago , this was a feat of mental strength and physical endurance, both amazing and humbling), admiration for the child carers who look after their ailing parents in difficult circumstances in the UK, sympathy for the parents in Africa who lose their children to malaria for the want of a mosquito net.

Despite the recession Comic Relief raised £57m which is wonderful.

This year I've bought Jamie Oliver's cookbook, a Mr Men book, Jacqueline Wilson's Tracy Beaker book, Babybel cheeses, a comedy DVD , wine and beer all carrying the red nose, all helping people in the UK and Africa who need a hand.

the wrong twist
I finished the first Twist sock too and was delighted with it.
It looked good and fit beautifully , until I turned it over and realised that I had managed to twist the sole of Twist .... buggrit! So, I had to rip out the toe and re-knit it today.
I didn't have my next glass of Red Nose white wine until the sock was finished (I'm sure it wasn't the effect of one glass of wine last night that caused the error, but the giggling at the comic relief extravaganza.... honest!), and there it is, next to the wine, in the first photo.

I might need another glass when I watch the footy later on: Sunderland's performance was dismal today against Wigan and we were well beaten 2-1, but Liverpool crushed Man Utd at Old Trafford 4-1 so that should be good to watch! Newcastle drew against Hull, Boro drew against Portsmouth. It's closer at the top of the table now, Liverpool are only 4 points behind Man Utd. and closer still at the bottom - 4 points separate Bolton (at 11th with 33) and Stoke (at 18th with 29). I will have no nails left by the end of the season!

No comments: