Thursday, 5 March 2009

you cunning rat!

I think that Rodney Rat is taking the mickey, or at least the bait from the sprung traps anyway. How did he do that? I nearly broke my thumb just setting the traps , yet he looked fine sat among the plant pots, chomping away...


So, lots of interesting blue pellets have been put by his front door, by the compost bin, under an old piece of wood near his favourite plant pot, and some dropped right through the decking, which is where he lives.The guy in the tackle shop who sold me the rat poison has said that living under the decking is a favoured place for rats these days.... who knew they were so fashion conscious?

The boys enjoyed their jaunt to Newcastle last night, & even though the Toon was beaten 2-1 by Manchester Utd, the team played well. It was very cold though, and a sudden hailstorm meant that ground staff were clearing the pitch shortly before the match.
The other results didn't help either: Hull, Stoke and Spurs won and Rovers managed a draw. Sunderland were beaten 2-0 at Anfield on Tues night. Sunderland are now 14th with 31 points, Newcastle are 16th, only a point above relegation, with 28 points. The next few weeks are going to be very tense!
I got a few rows done of the Mort square while listening to the footy commentary on 5live, and finished reading Sourcery when I went to bed.

No comments: