Saturday, 11 July 2009

Teens, Tour, Torchwood and T (in the park)

We went to Teenranch this morning to pick up J2 and enjoyed seeing her and the rest of the gang riding in a fun gymkhana.
She's had an action packed week- she's ridden every day, been kayaking, swimming, at a shooting range, done archery, been to the beach at St Andrews- I'm amazed that she agreed to come home. She definitely wants to go again next year.

After the gymkhana everyone had a picnic lunch and J2's dorm won the prize for tidiest room - I will never let her live that down !!

I'm still gripped by the Tour de France - the lead is still very narrow (Nocentini leads by 6 seconds) and the route through the Pyrenees is hair-raising though very scenic. The general assumption is that Lance Armstrong will win but the race lasts a long time and anything can happen.

The final part of Torchwood was shown last night- again it was too exciting for me to concentrate on my crochet, it was fast paced and gripping stuff.

When we drove up the M90/A90 to get J2 we drove past the site for the music festival T in the Park - I would love to go to it but I don't think I have the energy for festivals anymore- thank heavens the BBC has good coverage so that I can watch The Killers from the comfort of my home (and crochet along to Human! I bet not many were doing that).

No comments: