Tuesday, 31 August 2010

new to me


I've been trying out some different seeds in the garden this summer and I'm delighted with these Californian poppies, they are so different from British poppies which tend to have papery almost translucent petals. These seem so much more substantial, and the colour is so vivid and strong.

The wasps seem to like them too! (I don't mind wasps they play an important part in breaking down dead organic matter, I just don't want them in the house!).

I've been clearing out some of the kids old toys too, some to the charity shop, and some are to sell on ebay. I got my first sale today- woohoo! I'm finding it interesting thinking about how to sell stuff, how to make it catch the buyer's eye, good photos, pricing etc. My basic approach is to treat the customer fairly, as I like to be treated, and to make the sales attractive.

It makes a change from being the purchaser, parcels leaving our house instead of being delivered. The delivery man is going to be very confused!

I'm switching between knitting projects too: the pastel colours are knitted in the afternoon in natural light, and the straightforward stockingette in dark green in the evening. So far it seems to be working.

4 comments:

Minding My Own Stitches said...

It's addictive - selling things off like that. DH sold a bunch of stuff around here. I had to stop him when he started eyeballing the living room furniture!

Bee said...

Good luck with Ebay! The wasps have been driving me crazy these last few days! As you say, I leave them alone outside, but they keep coming into my house and the B/F has to get the jar and a peice of paper to fetch it out of the house, while the dog and I are safely in another room!
Have a great week!
Bethxx

Silvia said...

I started listing a few things on Ebay again....forgotten how addictive it can be..selling not buying

The Frizzy Hooker said...

Pretty. I like the flowers. Let's hear it for USA poppies