I've bought some fruit trees to put into giant plant pots, some seed potatoes for the tattie buckets and some basil seeds.
I've also had to get a couple of rat traps as I've seen the creature that lurks behind the compost bins and its def a rat. He looks very healthy (all the fruit and veg waste giving him plenty of vitamins I suppose) and the little blighter has been digging up my bulbs .
I tried to get the daft dog interested in the thought of a bit of hunting, but while she sniffed with mild interest at where he'd been, she was more interested in warding off the attack of the postie.
So, the traps will need to be set to protect my plants and I'm looking forward to more sunshine so that I can plant more stuff for us to eat not our friendly neighbourhood rodent.
4 comments:
Shame for the rat, he really eats healthy food!!!
I must try to do my little garden next year. I've seen so many beautifull veggie garden in the net.
I have ordered books to start my garden. I am thinking about getting a real compost bin. the one I am using now is an old crate.
I can't even get my cats interested in chasing rats although they did let a live one go in the house last year. I'm sure one of them thought it was funny..... I certainly didn't!
I was going to suggest I lend you my cats. They're good ousers but havnt caught a rat yet thankfully!
good luck with your gardening. I'd love to be able to garden.
Post a Comment