a personal journey through yarn, books, gardening and stuff. and sport, quite a bit of sport.
Saturday, 2 January 2010
back to basics
there's still a load of snow around in East Lothian, which is unusual as it doesn't usually stay this long (12 days so far, from 22nd Dec till now), but at least this is good knitting weather!
I've finished the first SMcP (Yarn Harlot) basic sock, but can't cast on the second until I've untangled this mess.
GAAAH!
So I've listened to today's football untangling wool rather than carefully arranging it on dpn's. Less satisfying but useful all the same . (I could put the sock to one side, but the weather is cold and I need more socks!).
I love the FA Cup, there's always the chance of a cup upset, some lower league team will do the giant-killer thing and knock out a big name. Very exciting, as long as it's not your team knocked out!
So, Sunderland did well, beating Barrow 3-0. Apparently 77 coachloads of supporters came from Barrow to Sunderland for the match, I hope they weren't too disappointed.
No cup upsets today, though Liverpool struggled to draw against Reading 1-1, Portsmouth were lucky to get a draw against Coventry (and are in a dreadful situation, the players & staff haven't been paid for the third time,and the taxman is chasing them for unpaid bills.) and Newcastle were 0-0 against Plymouth.
It will be interesting to see what the next draw brings.
Anyhoo, back to the unravelling, I'm about two thirds the way through (GAAAH).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Geez, that's one hard fought sock!
Can't believe I am saying this but...in this case I would have gone and bought a cheap pair!!!!
Post a Comment