Sunday, 3 January 2010

unbelievable!

I finally sorted out that ball of wool. I couldn't understand why it was so tangled and hard to unravel, but now I know why: I found 11 (!!ELEVENTY!!) loose strands entangled in the ball.

That's the last time I buy any Wendy Happy.

Happy?? Not likely!

The FA cup upset came today when Leeds* (Div 1) beat Manchester Utd (Champions) at Old Trafford 1-0.

Much hilarity on the intrawebsnet ensued.

I don't supppose Sir Alex is feeling happy either.


*Leeds have fallen from their once lofty heights due to gross mismanagement at the board level, but are clawing their way back up. On today's performance they are two leagues below their ability.

2 comments:

Cristina Salgueiro said...

Susan, just received you post card from Madeira, i smilled... it is beautifull no? and the language you didn't had to worry about, in Portugal we have to learn 2 extra foreigh languages, i learn english, and french, althoug the french is long gone ;)
Thank you
Cristina

Minding My Own Stitches said...

Sorry about your troubles with Wendy: I've always had good luck with that yarn. But it's a beautiful colour!