the postie made me laugh today, instead of bringing the latest iss of Let's Knit, he brought the latest plant catalogues from Gardening Direct.
Much as I love looking through plant and seed catalogues, it's a little difficult to get enthused by the pretty pictures when my garden is knee deep in snow.
This is what it looks like , the snow has created a thick fluffy blanket over everything. My plant pots look like cupcakes with an extravagant amount of icing!
We're not used to this amount of snow and the news reports are full of panic stories about traffic having to move slowly (gasp!), councils running out of grit and sand (the quarries which produce it aren't complaining), and the country coming to a standstill- but all the journalists and camera crews manage to get to the "hotspots", so we can safely assume that some people are getting to work.
I took the dog through the woods today so that the softer snow would be more fun for her. A lot of other people had the same idea and the woods were overrun by over-excited labradors leaping about in the snow.
The slanting sunlight was very pretty to look at, and I hope that the frogs in the pond are buried deeply in the mud to survive the winter.
I saw a couple of rabbits hunting for food and a brave robin protecting his territory (from whom I'm not sure, as the labradors were more interested in sniffing each other!).
I would have taken more photos of the sunlight, but my fingers were cold even inside my gloves and then the camera refused to cooperate, switched itself off and hibernated in my pocket.
The kids should be back at school tomorrow and hopefully the postie will bring a knitting mag rather than more funnies for me.
2 comments:
Okay enough with all the Snow already!!! The one thing that still gets me excited bout the Snow is Stories about Dogs having fun and beeing silly in it. But I think everyone will have had enough Snow by now to last them a lifetime...I know I have.....but your garden sure looks pretty in the Snow:)
Oh dear, a robin in the snow ...that's not right. We don't see them until March or so. I like getting the gardening catalogues early - it's a hopeful sign that winter will eventually end!
Post a Comment