Friday, 1 January 2010

first and last

New Year's Eve was film night in our house. A couple of weeks ago the kids had told me their plans for late night revels so I decided that D and I would have a quiet night in watching films that don't get an airing with the kids (we were going to watch Come and See, a Russian film set in WW2, which is very long and very sad. It seems odd that the kids don't want to watch it).

Then J2 said she was staying home, and J1 "forgot" to go out so the films were Kung Fu Panda and Star Trek (2009's version). Both very enjoyable and Come and See will have to wait for another day.


Last (project of 2009) I took advantage of the change of films to finish the  Fetchings for Jenni. The pattern is very easy, and well written, but I made so many mistakes on the second mitt that I'm pleased to see the back of them! 
I hope that they keep her hands warm when she's playing the church organ.


First (project of 2010) The second mitten was finished before midnight so then I cast on for a simple dishcloth which has been finished today, and is a simple striped pattern in two shades of blue Peaches and Cream cotton.

After the frustration that I felt with the Fetchings I wanted to make something simple! I've made it a bigger than usual washcloth as D washes up very vigorously and the cloths have to be able to withstand a lot of pummeling!

No comments: