Monday, 13 October 2008

EXTERMIN-EAT!


J2 made some fab cookies yesterday which are a big hit with our Who-mad family.

The best way to deal with a Dalek is to dunk him in your tea!!

The kids' baking kit from from Green's is quite good, the cookie dough is reasonable and the cutter works pretty well. I was impressed that she handled the whole baking process herself and cleared up afterwards.

Today she has loaded up the breadmaker, and I'll have to get her to make some fairy cakes or jam tarts this week while the kids are on half term.

Half-term! Where does the time go? She's been at High School since mid -August and has taken to the new routine really well.

She is so enthusiastic about the new subjects: fascinated by Chemistry and Biology, enjoying French, loving Art, Music, CDT & FCT and has made lots of new friends and is still pally with her old friends. I couldn't ask for a better start for her.

On the knitting front, the first Discworld square is off the needles and I'm embroidering the details onto it, then I'd better get back to the advent tree I suppose ( I sound so enthusiastic!) I've got to make more than the required 25 deccies for it as I'm involved in some swaps so I need to make a start on those too.

Passionflower will have to take a backseat for a while...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay! eat the Daleks!!!!!!
Where on earth did you find the cookie cutter?

(have you seen the extermiknit pattern on Rav?)

~rewselene