Sunday, 5 October 2008

Lucky Black Cats, High flying Hull, and Toon turn the corner

Grant Leadbitter took the lead in the 86th minute against Arsenal yesterday. It was a sweet moment for Leadbitter, 21 but looks 15, who lost his Dad in the summer.


Fabregas equalized in the dying seconds of the game but Arsenal were the far better team, and were unlucky to have a goal disallowed.

However, I'm happy to have a point. Last season we had so many decisions go against us, ( goals ruled offside when they weren't etc) losing us at least 4 points that it seems only fair to have a few decisions go our way.

The team looked more disciplined than in the past, but it will be a while before we can take Arsenal on at their own game.



Hull beat Spurs at the Lane with another screamer from that man Geovanni. Spurs languish at the foot of the table whereas Hull are 3rd. Third! Its wonderful. After Derby's woeful performance last year the general feeling is that the new boys are going to flounder but Hull don't want that role at all. Good luck to them ( still, I hope we can take some points of them!!)



The Toon turned the tide by coming back from being 2-0 at Goodison to drawing 2-2 with Everton. At the end it could have gone either way but they hung on, got a point and move one place up the table. Joe/Roy Kinnear is doing his best to calm the ship despite the hostile reception of the press ( print & media). He seems to be a bit of a character and, to be fair, did a good job at Watford with little money and few star players.



I got on with my advent tree while listening to 5live. It's not really an enjoyable process, it probably will be better when I start on the decorations but at the moment it seems like a slog. The first layer of branches have been done. I've sketched out a design for the colour of magic, and maybe deep down I want to get on with that, but there's more of a time pressure on the tree, so the tree it has to be.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

thank you for commenting on my blog and i hope it is right for me too!