Saturday, 18 October 2008

put the kettle on..

...my new Eco kettle which can boil as little as 1 cup of water in seconds.

Our old kettle was shaped like a black rocket and whistled too but had started to leak, and electricity and water is not a good mix, no matter how nice the sound of the whistle. D bought us a new one which has a central well of water and by pressing as button the lid you can release a cup of water into the heating area to be boiled.

It is very, very quick too! I will miss the whistle of the old one, but this one works so fast that I don't have time to wander out of the kitchen anyway!

I'm now working on my swap knitting so I can't say much until its done, obviously it involves Christmas swaps, one of which is an ornament swap, organised by Lixie. These trees are some of her ornaments.
When I was raking around in my small stash for suitable yarns I found some of my Gran's old needles, small 3.75mm, and I was delighted to be able to put them to good use. Most of the needles that I have inherited from her are very fine (old size 13) and my knitting isn't quite up to that standard yet.
She used to make so many toys (knitted and sewn) that I'm sure that she would be pleased to know that I was tentatively following in her footsteps.

1 comment:

Minding My Own Stitches said...

I think your Gran is smiling. It's nice to feel a closeness like that!

Can't wait to see what you're working on.