Thursday, 30 October 2008

toasty!

J2 has been complaining about feeling cold in the mornings when she is waiting for the school bus, but she is not so cold that she will wear a coat (kids?!).

I suggested that she wear a hat, but all of her hats were "the wrong colour", i.e. light pink.

She wanted a red hat but all of the red yarn in my stash was 4ply and I knew that I couldn't knit up a hat in one night in 4ply (I'm not known as suse-the-slow-knitta for nothing!), so I suggested a hat in Bigga wool by Sirdar which I had intended for a bag.

She was delighted with this idea and it did knit up very quickly and she has happily worn it on Thurs and Fri mornings which is just as well as it is perishing cold here and we had our first dusting of snow yesterday. She still won't wear a coat though.

I watched episode 1 of Little Dorrit on the BBC iplayer last night. I don't know how I missed all the trailers for this, I must have been watching too much football I suppose. I enjoyed it very much; it's not a story that I'm familiar with. so I won't be able to pick up any of Andrew Davies' alterations to the story, but so far I'm hooked.

I know that Dickens's own father was in the debtors prison when Dickens was a child and it must have had a marked effect upon him. This is going to be riveting TV!

No comments: