Thursday, 9 October 2008

Mum's not gone to Iceland

neither has D, so the councils money is safe thankfully.

The press is full of gloom, doom and yet more doom, so the best thing to do is to get the pins and yarn out, listen to some good podcasts and knit away.

I'm making good progress with the first square (The colour of magic) although I still haven't decided on how to represent the feet. I hadn't realised just how soothing it could be to be lost in a tangle of colours and words.

I've been listening to "The Snow Queen" on Faery Knitting, which is great, I'd forgotten all the details about the talking flowers and the bandit girl. The story is so rich in detail and symbolism, such wonderful colour and drama. A great choice from Erin.

Erin was also talking about Diana Wynne Jones and I'm ashamed to say I haven't read any of them, and there isn't any in my kids bookcases either. I'll have to rectify this at once! Thank heavens for public libraries! ( and hubbies who carefully look after the taxpayers money so that it doesn't drift away on an icefloe!).

No comments: