Sunday, 25 January 2009

the best laid plans of mice and men

..gang aft agley..

We had our Burns supper tonight with our kids, with haggis from McSween's, Glen Struan whisky (Appletise for the kids of course!), shortbread and some verses from the Bard himself, only I got the words wrong for the haggis, instead of saying "Great Chieftain of the Pudding Race", I said "Great Pudding of the Chieftain race".
Oh the shame!

Happy 250th Birthday anyway Rabbie, yer no' lookin' bad fi' ye age!
& thank you to my son for playing Loch Lomond on his violin so well before D stabbed the haggis with a knife (not a skean dhu, as we don't have one!)

The quick cardie is done, the buttons have been sewn on and it has been blocked. Hurray! and very cosy it looks too, I think I'll have plenty of opportunities to wear it.

The BSJ hat is continuing nicely (now), I managed to get some more done on the cables today as I was listening to the football. the Black Cats must have played the most boring game of football ever yesterday against Blackburn Rovers (0-0), but then Cardiff and Arsenal also drew 0-0 today and Liverpool were 1-1 with Everton. The major upset was Swansea knocking last year's winners Portsmouth out 2-0.

Unfortunately Setanta have the rights to show the FA Cup games so even if Sunderland had scored I wouldn't be able to see the goal. Oh well, the pictures are sometimes better on the radio anyway.

I'm looking forward to seeing some of the Superbowl next week as The Pittsburgh Steelers take on the Arizona Cardinals. It seems like ages since I've seen any American football, but it should be fun and it won't end 0-0!

2 comments:

Liz's Knitting said...

Well done on finishing your cardi. Hope the hat is coming on well too!

WildPurl said...

I love Burns Night, we had haggis, neeps and whisky too. I also luuuurve your Bloody Stupid Johnson Hat.