The pattern changes from a sensible straightforward cable, using a mix if C4F and C4B, to a sequence of wavy cables made with c3F and C3B. As I'm using a slightly finer yarn than in the original pattern, the narrower cables did not really stand out, so I ripped back to try again with the the C4F & B's.
That was where my problems began, for the life of me I could not get the cables to work and make the necessary stitch increases at the same time. I was so boggled by it, I was even dreaming of cables in my sleep (which makes a change from my usual mad dreams, which have no practical value whatsoever!).
Liz kindly posted me a link to Grumperina's site for cabling without cable needles, which was interesting and calmed my frazzled nerves. I stuck with my pretty purple cable needle though.
I don't know what I did differently last night, but it did finally start to come together, so I completed the first repeat instead of doing my Spanish homework, (which I had to do this morning after breakfast. Just as well my kids weren't there to see this shocking aberration!).
Thankfully, my homework was up to scratch, but we learnt a new tense today , the conditional tense "I would etc", so I'll have to work a bit harder on this week's homework, a mini essay on Querría ser (I would like to be).
After all this faff with cables I might just write ¡Querría tricotar muy bien! (I wish I could knit well).
No comments:
Post a Comment