And just in time too, as it's freezing today.
I finished it yesterday and started the swatch for J1's BSJ (Bloody Stupid Johnson) hat. The
Debbie Bliss Rialto yarn feels lovely. I also did a mini swatch to practise the complicated cabling.
Debbie Bliss Rialto yarn feels lovely. I also did a mini swatch to practise the complicated cabling. While I did this I was listening to "Bleeding Hearts" by Ian Rankin on audio. It's not a Rebus story but about an assassin who realises that someone is trying to kill him and sets out to find out who & why. It was too gripping to listen to while faffing about with complex cables, so when I cast on properly I'll listen to Jenny & Nicole on Stash & Burn, I'm sure they'll help me out if I get stuck! (it's an ep about hats anyway so it's quite appropriate!)
While I was walking the dog today I saw a stunning bullfinch, he was a vivid cherry red (sadly, I didn't have my camera or phone with me, so this is a stock picture from British Garden Birds), and stood out among the bare branches. We get a lot of green finches and chaffinches in our garden but rarely a bullfinch.
On Sunday I saw a sparrowhawk swirling over the trees, it's wingspan was huge. I love seeing the bird life around here, it's wonderful to see and hear them in the woods. I must explore more of the woods (with camera) in the spring.

1 comment:
Well done!! You must be really chuffed with yourself! You'll have to show us a pic of you wearing it!
Post a Comment