Monday, 26 January 2009

(not so) hard graft

today the cable band was finished and I tackled grafting for the first time. I'm quite pleased with how the cables have joined up in the band.

The instructions for grafting (Kitchener stitch) in Debbie Stoller's "Stitch 'n bitch" were excellent, very clear and understandable for a beginner like me.

I've tried the hat on J1's head and it seems plenty big enough, so now it's time to pick up the stitches around the edge to create the crown.
I find this a slow process as I can't seem to pick up the yarn with the needle and have to use a crochet hook to pull the yarn through the stitch and then pop it on to the needle. I get there in the end, I suppose.

Today I've been listening to Indiscretions of Archie by P. G. Wodehouse read by Mark Nelson, and available free on Librivox. I love it's gentle humour, and Mr Nelson reads it very well.

No comments: