& some crochet.
Issue 2 of Inside Crochet dropped through my letterbox this week, so this afternoon I sat out in the garden with the mag, three crochet books, (I'm a beginner I need all the help that I can get) one crochet hook and some leftover wash cloth cotton and started to practise the stitches for the pattern which had caught my eye: Crazy Waves by Dora Ohrenstein .
This first dishcloth is made from three oddments of cotton- a green mix, a Christmas colours mix and a bit of Blackwatch tartan green, I'll do another row before it takes up its post in the kitchen.
Inside Crochet is a great magazine, full of stylish wearable garments which is
While I was battling with trebles, double trebles and treble trebles I started to listen to Terry Pratchett's Thief of Time which has the History Monks (& their procrastinators) battling with the Auditors. I love this story - it has Death, the Death of Rats and Death's granddaughter Susan in it, lots of metaphysical jokes and punes.
It's very funny and a necessary departure from Tolstoyan drama. Very timely
4 comments:
I loved the Theif of Time. I love the crochet!
Hugs, Bethxx
It looks like an interesting pattern. I'll have to look out for the magazine.
I love crochet, I find it alot quicker than knitting,pattern looks good too...
Wow!That crochet looks fiendishly complicated!
Post a Comment