Wednesday, 1 October 2008

Ladies ( & gents) who lunch.

I went to the Day centre today, as a volunteer, to serve the teas/coffees/lunches and to help clear up too. I had such a great time too.
I wish I had as much energy as some of the ladies in their 70's, they put me to shame. I did manage to play a couple of games of doms too, but they are faster at counting the spots than me, and I only managed to win one game ( I think they were being kind to me, letting me win once!!)
They are such a cheery crowd and it will do me good to see other folk, whatever their ages. I'll just have to make sure that I get a good night's sleep on Tuesdays so that I can keep up with them.
The Discworld knitalong starts today so I have to reread "The Colour of Magic" before I plan what to knit (what a chore! Ha!). I finished "Truckers" last night, and I have a copy of it in Spanish so I'll have to read that too... poor me!!! ;-)

2 comments:

Liz's Knitting said...

I used to work in a residential home and quickly learnt that a good way to keep your mind active was playing cards, dominoes, bingo etc...it was amazing how ruthless some of the 'ladies' and 'gentlemen' were when it came to winning!!

Sheila said...

wat is the discworld knitalong???
and I love dominoes and yeah they can be very ruthless when playing.