
Maybe, maybe not ......
Sunderland sits in 16th place with 36 points , only 5 points clear of relegation and with two games left to play. The last two are next week at Portsmouth and lastly at home to Chelsea . If we get one point from those we'll be doing well.
I was riveted to the football this afternoon: the end of the season can be fraught as scorelines change minute by minute.
West Brom were the surprise victors today, beating Wigan 3-1 and Hull lost 2-1 to Stoke, making Stoke safe, and Hull teetering above the relegation zone. It's a shame as Hull got off to such a good st
It's a big if.
All fans are calculating the possible points for the other teams- can Hull beat Bolton & Man Utd? Can Newcastle get anything from Fulham & Aston Villa? Boro play West Ham and Aston Villa ; West Brom play Liverpool then Blackburn.
It's going to go to the last match, like last season.
Still, I managed to get one sleeve done for J2's sweater. I've had to make this up a bit- she wanted the sweater to be longer and I had to change the armholes a little and so I had to change the sleeves too- the first was a disaster, but this one seems to work better.
I'm still listening to War and Peace and enjoying it a lot- Napoleon has beaten Russia at Austerlitz, a truce has been declared, now all effort is devoted to reorganizing the Russian govt, and the personal relationships are back to the fore.
It's as riveting as the football and much less depressing! It's enough- for now!
3 comments:
It is going to be close, top and bottom of the table.Exciting for a change!
Maybe I better try re-reading W&P. I think I skimmed all the war bits on my first time through. I have the Everyman's Library Edition in 3 volumes from 1943 from my Mom.
Very brave of you to alter a raglan pattern!
And The Shrews are going to Wembley :-)
Although I am Liverpool through and through I am married to a blue and amber Shrews fan - seems they are my only hope of a Wembley trip for now.
It's a BIG match tonight.
Post a Comment