Today's 1st success story is small in the grand scheme of things for
but for 2 people it counts - I finished J2's sweater today (yay me!).
She was very pleased and promptly put it on, even though it's a mild day today and she doesn't need a sweater to keep her warm
It has taken me almost 6 weeks to make it, which is not bad for me, although I'm sure that J2 thought that it would never be ready.
It has taken me almost 6 weeks to make it, which is not bad for me, although I'm sure that J2 thought that it would never be ready.
The other thing that she likes about it is that she has not had to use her clothes allowance to get it, so it count as a freebie! My girl definitely has an eye for a bargain!
I need to crack on with my squares for my Pratchgan - I only have 3 done and this is month 8, so I think I'll concentrate on those for a while, even though I'm yearning to cast on some socks for myself...
The other major winners today are Manchester United who won the league title for the 18th ti
me, now equalling Liverpool's long held record. Although there is still one game left to play , no one can catch them.
me, now equalling Liverpool's long held record. Although there is still one game left to play , no one can catch them. So far they have won the League Cup, the Club World Cup and are also in the Champion's League final vs Barcelona. Man Utd are a great team , but I'll be supporting Barca that night.
The main football stories concern the relegation battle. Despite their win on Monday night Newcastle couldn't repeat that today against Fulham and lost 1-0.
Fulham are a better team than Boro and are looking to get into European competitions for the first time in their history so they were up for the match and luck was on their side- Fulham's goal should have been ruled offside and Newcastle had a good goal disallowed, so they slipped back into the bottom three as Hull gained a much needed point at Bolton. Boro managed a draw against Villa.
It is all so close at the bottom and goal difference might decide who survives , as it did last year for Fulham. It's just as well that I've finished J2's sweater, as I'll hardly be able to breathe let alone knit next Sunday when all the final games are played!!

2 comments:
Well done for getting it finished! Smart girl you have there...not having to use her clothing allowance! Next time she asks for one, will you ask her to pay for the wool???! lol
Now get re-started with your squares and go on treat yourself to some socks!
The sweater looks lovely!
Post a Comment