I made these fone sox for me & J1 in December when I was practising colour changes (horizontally). When he was at the matches with D we would text each other comments and other results. They are waiting for their season tickets to arrive again and looking forward to their first home game on 23rd August.
The season got off to a reasonable start. We were beaten at home by Liverpool on the opening Saturday, but only by 1
The Toon were off to Man U on Sunday and managed to get the only draw of the weekend!
J's hero, Oba Martins opened the scoring, did his trademark somersault, 98% of the crowd were silent and 2% went bonkers.
Man U equalised 2 minutes later and neither side could break the other down. Newcastle played some great football and Keegan was well pleased.
Now is time to play at Old Trafford while Ronaldo is injured and Tevez had to go home for a funeral. Every cloud etc.
Boro played amazingly well at the Riverside ( not a sentence I would expect to write or say very often!) and beat Spurs, Chelsea marmalised Pompey, new boys Stoke looked dreadful, but play-off winners Hull looked pretty good and they beat Fulham at home.
Although I want to try to go swimming regularly with J2 I hope to get a lot of knitting time in watching Score! on Saturdays and listening to radio 5.
Not much done this weekend as I was sewing labels on J2's stuff and taking up pairs of trousers getting her ready for high school. I should make myself a red and white scarf though...
Off they went for the bus, J2 weighed down by lunch, trumpet and full PE kit ( just in case) and J1 weighed down by not much at all, too tall & too cool to care.
Oh, and we made some jam as well! 2kg of strawberries, about half what we picked, the other half will have to be frozen as I've run out of jars!
I used the proper jam pan this time ( after evicting a spider from it). I could get addicted to preserving, perhaps even making some pickles and chutneys. Yum!
No comments:
Post a Comment