I took J2 & her pal K to Fort Kinnaird to do some shopping, but as the girls were going to be going bonkers/gaining some independence (delete as applicable), I took my knitting bag and sock Kal with me, knowing that they would be still going strong long after me.
So after my free range egg mayo sarnie and Earl Grey tea in Starbucks in Borders, I fished out my knitting to enjoy a peaceful 10 minutes with my sock. Other than nearly dropping a needle off the balcony into a pile of books, I found it very enjoyable. I got a few rounds done and the sole of the sock is now 6 ins long with another 3 inches before shaping for the toe. So, I have Knitted in Public for the first time, survived it, and I don't think anyone noticed!
I did browse the knitting books too, and found a few more titles to add to my wishlist : Knitting Beyond the Edge by Nicky Epstein, and Knitknit by Sabrina Gschwandtner. The first for stuff that I could make and the second because it's like an art book.
I did buy a copy of Vogue Knitting on the go Crocheted shawls. I'm not usually a shawl fan, but the designs in this book are quite funky.
The pink knitting bag is a freebie from Let's Knit, which is a great mag for me, I have learnt so much from it.
3 comments:
KiPing is great, I do it all the time (trains, coffee shops, post office queues) and don't get weird looks (well not often and that might because of me rather than the knitting). Is that the regia mini-ringels you're knitting with? I made son a pair in that, but he has nearly outgrown them now boo hoo
YAY for knitting in public!! I do that all the time. Once you start, you will wonder why you hadn't done it sooner. ;) I eyeball Crocheted Shawls every time I see it - the one on the cover catches my eye every time.
Looking forward to seeing a crocheted shawl on your blog! I've been trying to work up my nerve to try lace.
Post a Comment