Wednesday, 18 February 2009

cosy

a short break from sock2 today.
I'm fed up with my tea/coffee going cold when I'm knitting, reading or wittering away/ conversing with fibre enthusiasts on Ravelry, so I crocheted a little jacket for my mug (plus matching coaster and egg cosy) with the free yarn from Let's knit.
I used an ergonomic hook too which was very pleasant to use, et voilá, my coffee stays hot for longer!
A new book came through the post today too "Stephanie Pearl-McPhee Casts Off" which is a humourous look at knitting. I enjoy her witty prose and this is another good book to curl up with.
I also listened to a new podcast today Cogknitive where Dr Gemma talks about knitting and psychology...it's an interesting mix!
Weirdly enough, J2 came home from school grabbed the mug cosy & coaster for her hot chocolate and told me that she thinks she'll be a psychologist when she grows up! (or a baker, or an animator....)

No comments: