Friday, 24 April 2009

going potty!


I planted the seed paper from Erin today in some bold plant pots. The paper was soaked overnight and the pots are now sat on the kitchen window sill to germinate. It's going to be fun to see what emerges.

I also put some pak-choi into some giant pots (which look like fancy cake/muffin cases).
My handknitted pot covers are suspended above them to keep the collared doves off the plants (the larger birds can be very destructive to young plants).
I've put my mug in the photo beside the pots to show the size of the pots. These are biggest pots that I've found so far,but I'm happy to acquire even bigger pots!


While I was pottering on I was listening to Marly- the Yarnthing's podcast and delighted to hear her rave about Jodi Euchner's pattern Sólás Caomh in Interweave Crochet. I was hopping about with excitement (and, of course, I passed the link to Jodi!)

After that I tuned in to Knitlarklane by Celeste. A knitting Francophile, Celeste is reading Notre Dame de Paris by Victor Hugo. She reads well and gives a lot of interesting background explanation about French history & vocabulary. Very enjoyable!


I felt like I was going completely potty this morning as it was the first Spanish class today and I felt like my brain was total mince! I could hardly remember a thing . I must put more effort into learning my verbs - or maybe I should put Don Quixote on my mp3 player- that might help.......

1 comment:

Cristina Salgueiro said...

The pots are so cute, big but cute:)
And i think it will help you to put your D. Quixote on mp3. It helped me a lot to see a lot of englis movies, it was easier to remenber.