Tuesday, 7 April 2009

a good day..

as some goodies arrived in the post today- my BIL sent me an amazon voucher and I used it to buy "Knitting on top of the World" by Nicky Epstein and another of her books "Knitting Beyond the Edge".
I already had a Amazon voucher and I used that to buy "Stitch'n Bitch Nation" by Debbie Stoller.
The first title is an aspirational one for me- I'm not capable of knitting most of the items in it, but it is a gorgeous book to drool over.
The second Epstein title is more practical, showing how to add decoration to collars and cuffs. I don't like to wear bold sweaters but I do like bold details- I like my drama in small doses!
I got Stoller's book because the funky designs are really good for my kids and because her explanations are so clear. I've learnt a lot from her books.
I did the swatches for J2's Payton sweater and have knitted the 7cm of double rib in the red.
J1 was at school taking some revision classes for his exams next month and J2 went to Tyninghame beach with some friends, making the most of the spring sunshine. D came home at a sensible time for dinner, so a good day for all!

1 comment:

The Frizzy Hooker said...

i am jealous. I want an amazon voucher