Saturday, 28 February 2009

the blog is One today!

woohoo!
It's my first blogiversary! What fun!

I've learnt a lot about knitting this year, and a bit about crochet.

I've made:

1 sweater, 1 cardi and 1 jacket,

4 pairs of socks, 2 hats, 2 scarves,

30 Christmas deccies ,

8 washcloths, 2 egg cosies, & 2 phone socks,

2 squares for my Pratchgan,

and veg covers for my beans.
I've done a lacy pattern on J2's socks and cables on J1's hat, got to grips with dpn's and circs, used wool, cotton, bamboo and soya (& acrylic), done socks cuff down and toe up, and listened to some wonderful stories while I've enjoyed my knitting and enjoyed many fab podcasts too. I've learnt so much from so many online knitters and been encouraged and inspired by many many fibre enthusiasts. I've laughed myself silly on Ravelry and learnt a lot of new slang (much to the amusement of my 2 kids!)

And there's still so much to try: sweaters in the round, top down sweaters, felting, lace shawls, gloves, crocheted garments, Japanese pattens, bags, alpaca, milk protein, seacell, linen, illusion patterns, spinning, fair isle & steeking

and it's not just fibre passions...

The blog was entranced by the Olympics and suffers on a regular basis with my football team.

There's a wide range of literature- scifi, classics, contemporary, and film & TV reviews.

World news pops up now & then, and there's the joy of homegrown veg, and life with my nutty dog, great kids and cool hubs.
It's been a great year , and to celebrate there's a prize up for grabs. See that lovely Noro at the top of the page? Well, it will be sent to one lucky reader of this blog, wherever they live on this planet (I can't do off world deliveries, sorry!). All you have to do is to post a comment to this post before midnight GMT March 2nd 2009 to be entered into the draw & a random number generator will pick the winner. Good luck!
& here's to the next year of blogging!

24 comments:

beanz said...

Hi Suse, this is beanz from Ravelry.

Congratulations on a year in blogging - I've been at it for a few years - used to be a running blog but may be morphing into a knitting blog!

And I love your blog about your sons - my teenbeanzes hate it when they get mentioned!

Peculiar Blogs said...

Hi Suse! Peculyr from Secret Sister Yah Yah Club! Love your blog, Can't wait to read more of it. I have a few blogs too, but I have been neglecting them lately for Ravelry!
Have a fabulous blog-birthday and a great new year!

Anonymous said...

Hey Suse - congrats on yer blogiversary! :D It's always amazing to look back isn't it? Me - I learned how to knit just last year, so it's been quite the learning year for me, too. ;)

ginny said...

Happy Blogversary!

Anonymous said...

Way to go, Suse. This is excellent. Thanks for sharing the link. Keep up the good work. I keep debating starting a blog - this gives me the incentive to start sometime!

Sue aka BrewCrewMom

Kai said...

Happy Blogiversary! Here's to plenty more blogging years. :)

Anonymous said...

happy blogiversary x

Kit said...

Hey, congrats on the blogiversary! And thanks for the generosity, you're way more awesome than I'll ever be. XD

-DragonCelt on Rav

Elizabeth said...

Congratulations on a full year of blogging. It sounds like it's been a busy and productive year.

geekygirl2007 said...

Happy Blogaversary,
I've been neglecting my blog for almost as long as yours has been running! Congratulations.

Cristina Salgueiro said...

Happy Blogversary!!!!
congrats

Anonymous said...

Congrats, Suse! I do have to ask: what are "veg covers for my beans"? (Because, being a Rubbernecker, you know I misread that.) Hope you keep enjoying the blogging!

Betharoopie said...

I feel so lucky, since the deadline is my birfffday! You are now on my radar, dear!

Unknown said...

Yay you!! Happy blogiversary, and many more!

Debbie / Chatelaine on Rav

Laura said...

Happy 1 Year Birthday Baby blog!

Minding My Own Stitches said...

I check your blog every morning with my first cup of coffee - looking forward to another year!

Anonymous said...

Happy blogiversary! May you celebrate many more to come!

Lis on Ravelry

Anonymous said...

Good Grief, Suse. I can't believe you've knit all that in your first year of knitting! Congratulations on keeping up your blog for a whole year, and amazing knitting accomplishments!

cthulhulovesme said...

Happy blogiversary, and congrats on all that knitting! This is cthulhulovesme from Rav, by the way.

Anonymous said...

Happy blogiversary Sue!

Rebecca said...

Yay for being a year old!!!

ZBG (My word verification was Plath. I feel like I need to be all depressed now...)

Laurel said...

I'm so glad you posted your blog on RnR! Now I have another blog to stalk :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I always enjoy reading your blog.

And I really want to know what veg covers are too.

Q said...

Happy Blogiversary!
So glad we're "sisters"!